Certificate III in Security Operations
Join the fast growing security industry with this nationally accredited program or enhance your current licence with the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to high risk situations with confidence and professionalism.
If you have completed the Certificate II in Security Operations then upon completion of this qualification you may obtain a licence and work in such areas as major sporting events, concerts, public venues and licensed premises. Officers can work within the Cash in Transit environment (Unarmed), and as a trained Bodyguard you will have the opportunities to work with celebrities, business executives, VIP’s and anyone needing protection.
- Core Modules
- Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- Organise personal work priorities and development
- Maintain workplace safety in the security industry
- Manage conflict through negotiation
- Determine response to security risk situation
- Prepare and present security documentation and reports
- Coordinate a quality security service to clients
- Maintain security of environment
- Elective Modules
- Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- Control persons using empty hand techniques
- Provide for the safety of persons at risk
- Implement cash-in-transit security procedures
- Inspect and test cash-in-transit security equipment
Adam Clamid has served with the Western Australia Police and the Metropolitan Police in London where he was part of the Met’s elite public order Territorial Support Group. Adam has operated in the counter terrorism and security space for many years and has firsthand knowledge of the operational requisites of high profile protective security events. He has managed state wide cash in transit operations and brings strategic experience in security management to his students.
Ben Geralds has many years’ experience in the British Army prior to serving with the Metropolitan (Met) Police in London where he was part of the Met’s elite public order Territorial Support Group. This first hand experience of large scale public order scenarios coupled with his knowledge of CBRN in a policing context offers students a rare insight into large scale security operations. Ben has also served with The Western Australia Police and now provides professional safety advice to commercial enterprises.
Tony Paterson brings extensive experience to Training College Australia having served in the Metropolitan Police, Diplomatic Protection Group in London and with the Western Australia State Police when he arrived in Australia. Tony now works in security management for the State Government and provides real world experience to his teaching methods allowing students to gain a sense of the applicability of their skills to the real world. He holds numerous qualifications in the security space including a Maters in Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism.